Senior DeveloperAdd to Favourites
AMTdirect, a leading financial software company that is experiencing significant growth, is looking to expand their team in Cornelius with a top notch Senior Developers.
The Senior Developer will serve as a key contributor for AMTdirect and will work directly with outsourced partners to consistently deliver business value. The position will evolve core product functionality and ensure that all product features are developed according to the established architecture. Position also interfaces with Managed Services vendor on critical production issues. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: analyzing user requirements, providing code review oversight, mentoring junior developers and assisting and supporting others in the achievement of AMTdirect’s and/or department’s goals.
This role carries opportunity for advancement in your skills, within the company, and to accelerate your career long-term. Competitive compensation and benefit package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, disability, quarterly company sponsored events, gym membership reimbursement, and casual dress code every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Developer is expected to:
- Interface with offshore development team to deliver key project deliverables.
- Participate in all Release and Iteration Planning sessions.
- Develop core frameworks; continually improve re-use.
- Conduct code reviews on all code changes
- Perform “research” and proofs-of-concept for emerging technologies, evaluate adoption, plan incorporation into current architecture, and lead rollout to development team.
- Work with Product Management to further articulate requirements and provide high level estimates and interface with Development team on these estimates.
- Work with Product Management to get understanding of downstream backlog, and factor into Architecture as appropriate.
- Participate in the definition of functional and technical requirements for application software
- Participate in the design and development of web-based reporting using approved report development tools
- Contribute to standards for application software design and development; contribute to process improvement and workflow for software engineering
- Will be consulted on critical production issues impacting customers
- Is responsible for determining the internal configuration needed to support development/QA.
- Always set an example through your positive attitude and willingness to see the possibilities instead of the obstacles.
Desired experience and expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- 8+ years experience in the SDLC and in Web-based software design, Web-based business software, and Web-based reports
- Built more than one enterprise scale application from scratch
- Agile/Scrum Experience preferred
- First hand use of Design Patterns
- .NET (C# development) and/or Java EE Solutions
- SOA / Web Services experience required
- Comfortable with leading White-boarding sessions
- SQL Server experience required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A combination of education and work experience may be considered
To perform this job successfully, an Employee MUST be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility. The specifications listed below are representative of the abilities, knowledge and skills also needed. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable Employees with disabilities to perform.
- Analytical/problem Solving Skills: The individual synthesizes complex or diverse information; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Communication (Verbal and Written) Skills: The individual communicates effectively orally and in written form; effectively presents information to a variety of audiences.
- Integrity: The individual makes and keeps commitments/confidences. Demonstrates a good work ethic.
- Judgment: The individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing Skills: The individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Is detail-oriented.
- Quality Management Skills: The individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Team Orientation: The individual participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others, and their roles on the team. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks assistance from other members.
Offers of employment are contingent on passing a background check.
AMTdirect is revolutionizing real estate management and are looking for innovative team members to take them to the next level. More than 20 years ago, the founders, Scott and Dan Schubert, set out to address problems corporate real estate professionals encounter every day. As veteran industry professionals, Scott and Dan brought industry insight from years of experience in real estate management and accounting. AMTdirect's company culture reflects its mission to do something amazing for their customers, the company, the community, and team members every day.
17039 Kenton Dr #200, Cornelius, NC 28031