Performs semiskilled work opening, closing and monitoring facility operations; ensuring safety and
Performs semiskilled work opening, closing and monitoring facility operations; ensuring safety and cleanliness of facilities and equipment, and related work as required. Work is performed under limited supervision and general hours will be within these hours: Monday-Friday nights from 5:00pm –10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday from 7:00am – 9:30pm. Hours may vary based on the Athletic calendar.
Essential Duties of the Position
The following duties are those considered most essential to the position. This does not preclude the delegation of other duties considered as necessary by management to successfully complete an assignment or project. Opens and closes parks and facilities; unlocks and locks bathroom doors and gates.
- Promotes good relations with citizens using the parks and recreation facilities.
- Ensures that facilities and surrounding areas are clean and ready for use.
- Ensures that all bathrooms are stocked, sanitary and clean.
- Ensures compliance with gym rules and regulations, assisting individuals and groups using gyms and ensuring safety and security of parks/gyms and patrons.
- Sets up facilities and equipment for use and special events and restores to original set up after use.
- Turns facilities lights on and off.
- Maintains various attendance information as required.
- Consults with Athletic Coordinator when any issues arise.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Some knowledge of general cleaning practices in facilities; some knowledge of safety precautions applicable to the duties of the class; ability to understand and follow instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
Minimum Required Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED.
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing and repetitive motions, frequently reaching with hands and arms and occasionally requires standing and walking; work requires close vision, depth perception and color perception; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work has frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. recreation center/gym).