COOK 1 - MUCH ADO CATERINGAdd to Favourites
Hours will include day shifts as well as nights, and weekends with major holidays off. Hours may be limited during the Summer.
Reports to Head Catering Chef.
To include but not limited to:
- Preparing various food items as assigned by the Catering Chef/Sous Chef using different cooking methods.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety.
- Safe travel of equipment and food items to service sites using Much Ado’s vehicles.
- Plating of meals for both casual and fine dining venues.
- Clean up and resetting of kitchen for next day.
Demonstrated ability to use common cooking methods such as Sauté, Grilling, Roasting, Poaching, Garde Manger i.e. Salad, dressing, and cold foods prep. The ability to communicate and follow instructions in English, both orally and in writing, can lift 50 pounds and stand or walk for extended periods of time. Ability to work in shared spaces. Experience multi-tasking in related jobs associated with catering and experience working in extremely busy settings while maintaining one's physical and mental composure. The ability to work independently. Good problem solving skills.
Must own slip resistant shoes. Must have a valid Driver’s License
Experience working in Commercial Kitchens. Serve Safe Certification. Have own knives and equipment.
Experience with industrial equipment such as Steam Kettles, Tilt Skillets, and Combi-Ovens.
Working conditions: Work can include bending, climbing stairs and carrying items weighing 50 pounds or more. Work space is a large shared commercial kitchen where slip hazards may exist. Heat and humidity are often high.