CASHIER - VAIL COMMONSAdd to Favourites
Basic Function –
Work as cashier during meal hours. Accept payment from each customer in the forms of meal plan cards, Dining Dollars, Declining Balance, credit card and cash.
Essential Function –
Duties include, but are not limited to –
- Work as cashier during meal periods
- Greet each guest in a friendly accommodating manner
- Accept payment in the forms of Meal Plan, Dining Dollars, Declining Balance, Departmental charges, credit cards and cash. All transactions are processed thru a point of sale system.
- Balance cash drawer before and after each meal and complete cashier report
- Assist customers with questions or direction as needed
- Assist with table reservations for groups in Vail Commons
- use Microsoft office for communication between areas / departments
- Maintain an awareness level in the dining room of folks as they come and go and any ongoing activities.
- Work a serving station when cashier overlap scheduling occurs.
- Clean dining room area, assist serve or plate food, other duties as assigned.
- Work with Much Ado Catering as needed.
- Meal included on shifts scheduled to work.
- Position requires evening and weekend work as scheduled.
Kitchen environment with exposure to sharp utensils, stoves, ovens, fryers, steam tables & dishwashing equipment; ability to lift 20-50 pounds; exposure to hot/cold areas, hazardous chemicals or cleaning solutions & danger of slippery floors or work areas.
High school degree or equivalent. Excellent people and customer service skills as well as cash handling experience. Requires good organizational skills, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing. Must have good judgment and problem solving skills.