Description of Work: Performs work processing accounts payable, invoices, purchase orders, preparing and maintaining financial records and reports, cash receipts processing, and related work as required. Work is performed under the supervision of the Assistant Finance Director.
Essential Duties, Skills, and Demands of the Position: The following duties are those considered most essential to the position. This does not preclude the delegation of other duties considered as necessary by management to successfully complete an assignment or project.
- Receives and processes invoices and receipts; prepares invoices and receipts for payment; sets up new vendors in system; verifies vendor information.
- Checks and reviews invoices for correct address, date, code and prior payment; codes invoices; enters tax code for accounts and tax purposes.
- Enters invoices into computer system; prints reports of entries for backup; runs verifying calculations.
- Prepares printer for check run; prints checks; makes copies of checks; attaches checks to backup documentation.
- Ensures invoices match checks and forwards for approval of proper authority.
- Processes journal entries and budget amendments.
- Processes purchase orders.
- Sets up and maintains filing systems; files items in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists with revenue collection duties.
- Performs various reconciliations including Motor Fuels tax and Sales tax.
- Orders, maintains and restocks supplies for the general offices.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge of general accepted governmental accounting principles and procedures; accounts payable policies, practices and procedures; bookkeeping terminology and methods; and, standard office procedures, practices and equipment; ability to make arithmetical computations quickly and accurately; ability to post accounts with speed and accuracy; efficiently operate a variety of office machines; operate personal computer including some knowledge of applicable software packages; and, establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, vendors and the general public.
Associates/Technical degree with coursework in accounting, or related field and at least five years of experience in accounting with emphasis in accounts payable. Working knowledge of Excel required.