Assistant Director of Membership- Internal Applicants OnlyAdd to Favourites
Job no: 494289
Department: WDAV - Fund Raising
The Assistant Director of Membership reports to and supports the Director of Membership in developing and leading efforts to meet WDAV financial goals and manage donor relationships as part of the Development team at WDAV. These efforts include: assistance with campaign strategy development; assistance with donor solicitation strategy development; donor correspondence; donor recognition and acknowledgements; and data management. This position will engage with listeners and donors by responding to inquiries, cultivating relationships, assisting with the implementation of donor events, and supporting colleagues with donor-related inquiries.
The Assistant Director of Membership trains and supervises students and volunteers as assigned. This position is a Subject Matter Expert for Blackbaud CRM, the station’s Customer Relationship Management database.What will you be doing? Assistant Director Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of fundraising strategy for donors.
- Use Blackbaud CRM and coordinate with the internal technology team (CRTech) to manage data and generate mailing lists.
- Analyze data, reconcile against current donor lists, and edit lists for direct mailings.
- Assist with donor relationship management, including customer service, benefits, solicitations, and tracking/analyzing outcomes.
- Coordinate with mail house to fulfill mailing needs, including mailing, printing, envelopes, and final proofings.
- Act as Blackbaud CRM database subject matter expert at WDAV
- Work closely with Director of Membership and CRTech team in developing efficiencies, testing, updating, and troubleshooting current processes
- Collaborate with Development team to update and maintain donor records
- Ensure proper and timely processing and acknowledgement of donations/gifts
- Maintain strong working partnership with CRTech and the Technology and Innovation (T&I) team at Davidson College
- Manage payment processing, preparation and delivery of checks, and credit card reporting to Advancement Services Team (AST)
- Plan, strategize, and develop job responsibilities for the Development office’s Student Assistants, and train/direct/manage the students for development responsibilities
- Manage and document the Day Sponsorships program
- Manage and evaluate recurring gift and EFT processes
- Assist with special membership events, on-air fundraising, and various membership tasks
- 1-2 years of non-profit fundraising or related customer service experience
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of office technology, including a variety of software interfaces
- Ability to critically compare and analyze data including problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong interest in data analysis
- Enjoy working with various computer software applications
- Significant experience with spreadsheet applications, and the ability to learn and use database applications (preference for skills in Blackbaud CRM, Google Drive, Wide Orbit, and Outlook)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform and manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- High degree of organizational and planning skills
- Eagerness to collaborate with staff, volunteers, and students to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work in the office Monday-Friday as required unless coordinating flexible hours with manager
- Evening and holiday work may be required
- Some travel may be required, including for conference attendance and station events
- Work requires close visual concentration for extended periods of time (constant work on computer).
- Ability to handle confidential information regarding WDAV and Davidson College donors and constituents is critical, as well as understanding of and adherence to PCI compliance standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Innovative problem solver, possesses a “can-do” attitude, self-starter and take initiative with new projects
- Public Radio experience is preferred but can be substituted with excellent fundraising/non-profit experience
- Must have superior attention to detail, but also the ability to understand and appreciate big-picture program development.
- Ideal candidates must be able to work and develop relationships with individuals with a wide range of job responsibilities and skill sets.
The leadership team of Davidson College and WDAV is committed to advancing the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. In practice, that means doing our part to hire, grow, retain, and reward great employees from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, national origins, socio-economic backgrounds, and abilities. This is really important to our team, and we hope it’s important to you as well.
Read more about Davidson College’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here: https://www.davidson.edu/diversity-equity-inclusionCompensation
College Relations is committed to salary transparency in the hiring process as a characteristic of an inclusive organization. Our salaries are benchmarked to national liberal arts colleges and regional colleges and universities. The position hiring manager is happy to discuss our salary benchmarks at any stage of the interview process. Davidson College also offers numerous other benefits as an employer, including:
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year on the job, plus College holidays
- Health insurance
- A 403(b) retirement plan to which the college contributes at least 8.5% of your salary
- Tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, after 7 years of continuous full-time employment.
- For more, please see https://www.davidson.edu/offices-and-services/human-resources for details
Davidson College Relations has a flexible work location program in line with the College’s telecommuting policy. This position is eligible for partial flexibility in work location, during non-event days, as determined with the position’s manager and reviewed regularly through our performance management processes. Candidates should expect to maintain a residence within commuting distance of the Charlotte metro area. An initial campus orientation period (of several weeks to months) worked from the office may be required. This policy is reviewed periodically.
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins
Advertised: 11 Nov 2022 Eastern Standard Time