Community Relations ManagerAdd to Favourites
Performs difficult skilled work providing clerical and office management support to the Economic Development Corporation (EDC). This position also maintains and coordinates the existing industry program. Work is performed under the supervision of the Executive Director.
This position in opened until filled with first review of applications on November 18, 2022.
Essential Duties of the Position
- Provides regular communication with existing manufacturers/headquarters/distributors/key small businesses to address company specific problems, recruit and service expansions, and share information about industry support service programs
- Co-Manages all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) on timely basis with the Workforce Development Manager
- Monitor local news outlets for relevant information to share via social media, website, LNED app, and newsletter
- Plans annual events including investor relations event, mingle event, and holiday reception
- Codes invoices and submits for payment
- Attends Board of Directors and Commerce Station meetings; prepares and disseminates agenda and minutes; maintains meeting attendance records; keeps Board book up to date; updates corporate records book.
- Assists with prospect visits as needed
- Provides update to elected officials for Town Board meetings
- Updates investor information; prepares investor letters; maintains records and tracks contribution money; serves as liaison to fundraising committee.
- Updates website with timely and relevant information
- Utilizes Salesforce or another CRM to maintain Project Database
- Performs a variety of office assistance tasks such as preparing PowerPoint presentations; types a variety of documents; sets up and maintains files; makes copies of various documents for the Board.
- Designs and prepares Annual Report
- Provides Weekly Update to Executive Committee, and Monthly Update to Board of Directors
- Receives sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Fills in for Executive Director at various events as needed and performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Specific Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Maintain the office in a neat and orderly manner
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Process invoices for payment
- Maintain files
- Maintain office supplies
EDC Board of Directors
- Prepare for quarterly EDC board meetings and special committee meetings
- Prepare agendas and minutes of regular board meetings and e-mail to board members prior to meetings
- Support board committees as needed
Commerce Station Management Team
- Prepare agendas and minutes of regular meetings and e-mail to board members prior to meetings
- Support management team as needed
- Maintain site including general information
- Maintain demographic information
- Co-Maintain press releases, announcements
- Interface with professional website service provider when programming work is required
- Prepare letters to investors and potential investors for Executive Director’s signature
- Prepare investor folders including information on the EDC, brochures, reports, press releases, and a cover letter
- Call investors and potential investors to set appointments
- Meet with investors and potential investors to explain the goals, objectives and activities of the EDC to solicit private corporate investments
- Prepare follow-up correspondence including thank-you letters and invoices for investors
- Prepare reports on fundraising activities for the EDC board
- Prepare lists of potential investors including complete contact information for appropriate corporate contacts
Existing Industry Program
- Develop a plan to call on existing industries in Huntersville, Cornelius, & Davidson
- Prepare information packets for existing industry calls including marketing brochures, outline of services, etc.
- Develop a list of target companies including complete contact information
- Research companies to provide a summary profile of company history and operations
- Communicate results of calls to appropriate agencies including the chamber of commerce, the NC DOC, local officials, utilities, etc. that may be able to assist with current problems or projected corporate growth
- Send correspondence after the visit giving specific follow-up action plan to assist the company
- Research specific questions raised by clients, investors or board members
- Research information requested by prospects
- Prepare reports for meetings
- Research companies to provide background information for meetings and prospect visits
- Interface with Charlotte Regional Business Alliance and NC Commerce research staff
- Prepare press releases for significant events for use with press, other ED agencies, investors, and town officials.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials for use with clients, local and regional ED agencies, developers etc.
- Manages all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) on timely basis
Minimum Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business management, communications, marketing, or related field is required; experience in Economic Development or related field is preferred and completion of the Basic Economic Development Course is desired. Experience in a position with a high level of client contact and independent project work is desired.
This work is sedentary and requires little to no exertion of force; work regularly requires sitting and using hands to finger, handle or feel and frequently involves repetitive motions; no special vision requirements; verbal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to hazardous environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location.