MAJOR GIFTS OFFICERAdd to Favourites
Davidson College seeks an experienced development professional to join its dynamic major gifts team. Candidates should possess a track record of successful relationship management and a demonstrated ability to close philanthropic commitments of $50,000 or more. Major Gifts Officers at Davidson manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospective and current donors and are deployed throughout the United States. Responsibilities include developing philanthropic relationships with alumni, parents and friends of Davidson to expand major gift support.
- Develop and manage productive philanthropic relationships with donors capable of making commitments of $50,000 or more.
- Using the Blackbaud CRM system develop and maintain individualized prospect engagement and solicitation plans based on individual donor interests.
- Travel regularly to assigned territories.
- Conduct a minimum of 144 personal visits annually with major gift prospects.
- Establish and meet measurable annual goals for major gift proposal activity.
- Efficiently manage travel logistics and expenses.
- Serve as a development liaison to a specific area of the college assigned by the director and serve as a subject matter expert for that area.
- Maintain a complete record of all donor interactions using the Blackbaud CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years experience in development or closely related field (e.g., sales or marketing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives