Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical duties requiring skills of a technical and specialized nature; performs related work as required.
- Receives, screens and transfers incoming calls to Department personnel.
- Greets visitors and serves as a custodian of visitor badges.
- Provides general information and responses to public inquiries.
- Proofreads accident reports, incident reports, supplemental reports and citations.
- Enters accident and incident reports online.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of vocabulary, grammar, English and spelling.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge in the use of a multi-line phone system.
- Knowledge of basic criminal justice terminology.
- Ability to multi-task in an office environment.
- Skill in file management and organization.
- Ability to observe and monitor visitors.
- Thorough knowledge of the specific tasks and duties as required by the department or agency assigned.
- Skill in the operation of office machines and equipment.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees.
- Knowledge of Spillman or ability to learn how to use software.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma. Experience: Experience working in a clerical position in an office environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Possession of an appropriate valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.